Die – Corrector
Experience: 10-12 years of related experience in a manufacturing concern
- Looking after Production planning and control of Die shop.
- To improve Productivity levels in production and die shop activities.
- New enquiries feasibility study and advice marketing team technically.
- To reduce the die failure ratio, costs in die shop consumables and increase profits to the organization by increasing the life of dies.
- Strict control on timings of purchase of Back up dies.
- Coordinating with marketing to make delivery schedules in time.
- Balancing the orders to all presses by guiding the feasibilities for planning and production as to production should not affect and reduce idle time.
- Targeting machine utilization at maximum level considering product mix of profiles dies allocation planning to be done.
- Working with die, manufacturers to improve the Success rate in first trials.
- Consistent Performance and Quality of dies. (Die life & Kg per hour).
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to work with other departments in understanding and correcting die problems.
- Responsible for correcting dies or making decisions on if dies should be returned die maker for correction.
- Will need to aid in the ordering of dies and backup tools when needed.
- Responsible to work with die makers on designing and correction of dies.
- Knowledge of extrusion cell processes, dimensioning and tolerance capabilities.
- Knowledgeable in blueprint reading, including geometric tolerances.
- Knowledgeable in setting up dies for extruding process including knowing types of bolsters, backers, and feeder plates for die stock.
- Knowledgeable for preparation necessary for heating up tooling to extruding temperature.
- Responsible for all paperwork required for processing orders.
- Knowledgeable in operating machines, machine hand tools, inspection tools and any equipment in the aid of die maintenance and correcting.
- To perform all other necessary duties as assigned. To research data and process before a correction is made to a die.